Board leashes, ouch!

  • Rick Iossi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2003
      There has been a fair amount of interest in board leashes on this list.
      There is an obvious downside to using board leashes. Some aspects of this
      are examined in the thread at:

      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=11295

      Also, I just came across what looks like a video sequence of a possible
      board leash impact, a fairly impressive one, involving Peter Trow presumably
      in the Gorge. It would be good to confirm details of this and while we are
      at it, find out if Peter was injured during the impact. Hope not! Given the
      40 to 50 ft. horizontal board flight I imagine the force of impact would
      have been quite high IF the board connected with him. He may have lucked out
      with the board hitting the water over him as he fired in deep after flying a
      good distance through the air.

      http://www.kiteboardingmag.com/kb_flash/kb_master.jsp

      under "Videos" and "Wipeout" and the second video from the right.

      FKA, Inc.
      transcribed by: Rick Iossi

      Promote "Ride Hard & Safer, Ten Ideas..." PRESERVE YOUR ACCESS TO RIDE
      http://www.kiteforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=3881&forum=3&4

      <b>Get MSN 8</b> and help protect your children with advanced parental
      controls. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental