Question for Bob Beach in corpus

  • Ian Horne
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2003
      Bob,
      Being new to the sport, I havent had a chance to venture out of
      Houston to ride, and have heard great things about Corpus. I would
      like to plan a trip there here in the next couple of weeks. Can you
      send me some info on the kitesurfing areas according to wind
      direction, and if possible, local accomidations (only necessary if
      the wife comes). I have looked at Ikitesurf.com, and assume that
      where ever they have the FX "sensors" are either windsurfing/kiteing
      areas, but it is best to get the info from "the locals."

      The second question posted as a general question to anybody, Is
      kitesurfing as territorial as surfing? Meaning, in surfing you can
      get your A** kicked for paddling out on someone's break. Is that the
      case that anybody has heard of? I was reading this last issue of
      Kiteboarding, were one of the guys went to San Juan, PR. (awesome
      town, btw) and the article said If there are surfers out there, dont
      even bother breaking out the kite. Just wait until the surfers leave.