Kiting is harmless so don't ban it...

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003
      While teaching, I frequently show how harmless kiting is to the student
      and any bystanders by simply asking the student to drop the bar to
      depower the kite (mostly with foils as inflatables may make some
      spinning loops which may not look as harmless as foils).

      If all kiters can fly their kite unhooked on land and depower the kite
      harmlessly by simply dropping the bar, kiting may never get banned
      anywhere...