Reel Leashes

  • jcedwar
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2003
      I intend to use a reel leash for my new board, but I'm having
      difficulty obtaining one in the UK.

      Can anyone offer advice about how to improvise one? I'm sure they
      were originally improvised from somewhere else.

      or where I can buy one from in the UK?

      Jon
    • Troy Bezanson
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2003
        A retractable dog leash will work for a while. (until it gets too rusted
        from the salt water)

        Better to go without a leash if you can. If neither are options for you,
        then build a regular style leash, but create a weak point in the leash for
        it to break if necessary. This will keep the board from springing back
        toward you.

        I use an NSI real leash, find it very handy,but have broken it on countless
        occasions. If the board goes under like an anchor, you can expect something
        to break.

        The real leash has never flung the board back at me yet, way better than an
        ankle leash.

        Troy

        I intend to use a reel leash for my new board, but I'm having
        difficulty obtaining one in the UK.

        Can anyone offer advice about how to improvise one? I'm sure they
        were originally improvised from somewhere else.

        or where I can buy one from in the UK?

        Jon

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com

      • Rick Howe
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2003
          I use a retractable dog leash - works great! I get mine at Wal-mart in Florida. Get a big one - they last longer. About $12. I use a good Velcro to attach it to my harness.

          Rick

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2003
            It must be a retractable clothes line, like when you
            hang out your laundry!

            --- jcedwar <jon@...> wrote:
            > I intend to use a reel leash for my new board, but
            > I'm having
            > difficulty obtaining one in the UK.
            >
            > Can anyone offer advice about how to improvise one?
            > I'm sure they
            > were originally improvised from somewhere else.
            >
            > or where I can buy one from in the UK?
            >
            > Jon

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • satorial_supplies
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
              Any problems getting one in UK contact www.satorial.com

              Bill.

              --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "jcedwar" <jon@j...> wrote:
              > I intend to use a reel leash for my new board, but I'm having
              > difficulty obtaining one in the UK.
              >
              > Can anyone offer advice about how to improvise one? I'm sure they
              > were originally improvised from somewhere else.
              >
              > or where I can buy one from in the UK?
              >
              > Jon
            • john tanyeri
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 13, 2003
                Hi Matt,

                Coming down tomorrow night and staying until Monday but I was looking at the weather and it's showing no wind...You guys are more in tune with what's going on down there and before I make a 11 hr road trip just wanted to check in and see what you guys think...

                Thanks
                JT