Re: [ksurfschool] Control Bars vs. Kites

  • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2000
      The video, "how to rip harder" states that small bars are better because they
      improve control by using small inputs. Large bars exaggerate input therefore
      reducing control.

      As for bar sizes I cannot help you but I hope this general rule helps.

      I hope Yaponcha sends the perfect wind for this weekend

      Martyn

      david.bickle@... on 08-Sep-2000 14:26

      Please respond to ksurfschool@egroups.com

      To: ksurfschool
      cc: (bcc: Martyn Gilson-1/DEV/PHRD/SB_PLC)
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Control Bars vs. Kites

      Is it possible to use smaller control bars with larger kites (25'' control
      bar with a 7.0 M Naish)? If so are bridle adjustments necessary?

      Thanks,
    • kennyfarnsworth@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2000
        Yes, you can use a smaller control bar with a larger kite. No bridle
        adjustments are necessary. The bridle adjustments are primarily used to
        adjust the angle of attack.

        Kenny