Re: [ksurfschool] HELP! kite out of shape..

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
      If the bladder is twisted and the process Steve has
      suggested does not work, you may want to remove the
      bladder and clean out the leading edge thoroughly.
      When removing the bladder be sure to tie your flying
      lines to the tips so you can pull the bladder back in
      after you have cleaned out the leading edge. I use a
      wet/dry vacuum with the hose on the discharge to
      dispel anything in the leading edge. I would then
      inspect the bladder to be sure it is not damaged or
      distorted in any way. Then to replace the bladder,
      put talc into the leading edge, distributing it as
      best you can. Make sure everything is perfectly dry
      before you do this. Use plenty of talc as this will
      ensure that the bladder can move once you inflate it.
      Talc the bladder up real good too before pulling it
      back in. Your kite will smell really good too and the
      beach babes will swarm when you take your kite
      out(just a little humor there). When inflating the
      bladder for the first time, do not fully inflate it.
      Just inflate it enough that it fills the leading edge.
      Then sort of massage the leading edge so the bladder
      can "seat" itself properly. Then let the air out of
      the bladder and repeat the process each time pumping
      up the bladder more and more checking that the kite is
      symetrical. Like Steve says if this doesn't work for
      you then maybe you have a warranty issue with the kite
      manufacturer.
      Hope this works. Good winds!

      Cheers,
      George

      Jake sez: "The liver is evil and must be punished."
      --- "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>

      http://sbc.yahoo.com