Re: [ksurfschool] since we are talking about kites

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17 5:15 PM
      Yes, it is especially useful when kiting in light winds with large kites and for use on snow.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18 6:12 AM
        Where can I get more information on this 5th line?

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
        <sydney@k...> wrote:
        > Yes, it is especially useful when kiting in light winds with large
        kites and for use on snow.
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au

        Service.

      • Kite Power (Sydney)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18 10:38 PM
          I'm not sure of a web source, do a search using the words "5th line" on this group, and these 2
          http://www.kiteforum.com

          It is very simple to install on kites that have a webbing loop sewn onto the TE end of the middle struts, if your kite does not have one, go to a sail maker and have them sew one on.
          You then run a 135kg spectra line from that loop, on just one middle spar tip, not both, to your bar, leaving it slightly slack, so as it does not interfere with normal flying. Many people just ite it in an appropriate way to the bar.
          If you cannot get more detailed info, come back here and ask again.
          http://www.kitepower.com.au

          <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > Yes, it is especially useful when kiting in light winds with large
          kites and for use on snow.
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au

          Service.

        • hungvuatnetcomdotca
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 19 3:59 AM
            There 2 types of "5th line": one that helps to relaunch the kite in
            reverse when its leading edge is down and another that helps to
            simply flip the kite over (useful on smooth snow/ice when its very
            very difficult to flip the kite over to relaunch).

            For the first type, the 5th line is connected to the end of the 2
            trailing edge struts next to the middle strut via a "V" bridle (you
            should have 2 strong connection straps there).

            For the second type, you simply need to attach a velcro around the
            top part of the leading edge of the middle strut (or if you have a
            connection point at the middle of the leading edge then use it).
            This connection point does not have to be very strong as you simply
            hold on to it to help the kite to flip over so the force acts on it
            is rather light.

            Hung.