answers to question

  • john_kason
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2003
      I am amazed at the speedy response. Thanks to all

      I am 6 foot 200 - 210 depending on the day :-) u know water
      retention.

      Yes I will be seeking instruction on a trip down to Vancouver - the
      coast. but until then i will be tryign to figure out how to conect
      and practice flying on land.

      I have the 8,4 airblast I tke this is the measurement from the
      middle to one side.

      I got it inot my head that instead of a boat this was a viable
      solution. I am totally to blame in buying perhaps a too aggressive
      kit as a beginner. I picked it up from a liquidation center - cheap
      but no instructions and knowledge.

      I am in a small town in British columbia with lots of lakes and open
      feilds.

      so I have the 2001 airblast on each side ther are attachemnt
      points and then four feet in what looks like another potential
      attachment point. The instruction book does not have very good
      diagrams.

      The kit cam with and steve was right 2 6' briddle with knots on it
      but also a three ended briddle. The briddle takes the shape of a v
      one end being about 4 ft and the other end of the v going out about
      6.

      I hope this data helps some. I am continuing my search for clear
      diagrams on this model.

      of course I can be directly reached at jkason@...

      Thanks a million

      one of the most helpful forums

      john

      In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@k...>
      wrote:
      > Hi John
      > Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line
      stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
      > How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school
      or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
      > Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with
      info?
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au

      would
      > you have an accurate diagram of all the parts and where they are
      > supposed be attached.
      >
      > thanks a million
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      unsubscribe@egroups.com
      subscribe@egroups.com

      Service.

    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2003
        Hi Jason
        Check out these websites, before you fly the kite. My advice is not to try to fly the kite until you have had a lesson or 3.
        http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/ read all of it! :-)
        http://www.kiteboarding.be/
        http://www.kiteforum.com
        http://www.wipikana.com (send them a request for an instruction booklet)

        An 8.4 AB is approx equivalent to 12.0 Flat sizing, so it is similar in size to a naish Aero 2 12.0, North Rhino 2 12.0, etc, OK?
        For your weight, the kite will work from around 14/15 knots throught to 25 knots+, you should look at boards in the 150cm to 165cm length to start with.

        Your kite still has the bridle fitted, and it is better to remove it on that kite.
        http://www.kitepower.com.au

        wrote:
        > Hi John
        > Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line
        stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
        > How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school
        or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
        > Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with
        info?
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au

        Service.

      • Tabitha
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2003
          Hi
          Does the kite actually have 8.4 written on it or are you actually
          talking about this distance from middle to tip?

          I wouldn't recommend learning to fly/practice flying an 8.4 (or any
          12m kite for that matter)on land , maybe shallow water with no
          obstacles for a long way downwind?

          Good luck
          Tabitha

          ps are you confused about sizing now? if you do a search of the
          archives there is a lot of info.

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "john_kason" <jkason@g...> wrote:
          > I am amazed at the speedy response. Thanks to all

          <snip> > I have the 8,4 airblast I tke this is the measurement from
          the
          > middle to one side.

          <Snip>