Re: [ksurfschool] wipika airblast question

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2003
      Hi John
      Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
      How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
      Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with info?
      http://www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2003
        I am amazed at the speedy response. Thanks to all

        I am 6 foot 200 - 210 depending on the day :-) u know water
        retention.

        Yes I will be seeking instruction on a trip down to Vancouver - the
        coast. but until then i will be tryign to figure out how to conect
        and practice flying on land.

        I have the 8,4 airblast I tke this is the measurement from the
        middle to one side.

        I got it inot my head that instead of a boat this was a viable
        solution. I am totally to blame in buying perhaps a too aggressive
        kit as a beginner. I picked it up from a liquidation center - cheap
        but no instructions and knowledge.

        I am in a small town in British columbia with lots of lakes and open
        feilds.

        so I have the 2001 airblast on each side ther are attachemnt
        points and then four feet in what looks like another potential
        attachment point. The instruction book does not have very good
        diagrams.

        The kit cam with and steve was right 2 6' briddle with knots on it
        but also a three ended briddle. The briddle takes the shape of a v
        one end being about 4 ft and the other end of the v going out about
        6.

        I hope this data helps some. I am continuing my search for clear
        diagrams on this model.

        of course I can be directly reached at jkason@...

        Thanks a million

        one of the most helpful forums

        john

        In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@k...>
        wrote:
        > Hi John
        > Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line
        stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
        > How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school
        or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
        > Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with
        info?
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au

        Service.

      • Kite Power (Sydney)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2003
          Hi Jason
          Check out these websites, before you fly the kite. My advice is not to try to fly the kite until you have had a lesson or 3.
          http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/ read all of it! :-)
          http://www.kiteboarding.be/
          http://www.kiteforum.com
          http://www.wipikana.com (send them a request for an instruction booklet)

          An 8.4 AB is approx equivalent to 12.0 Flat sizing, so it is similar in size to a naish Aero 2 12.0, North Rhino 2 12.0, etc, OK?
          For your weight, the kite will work from around 14/15 knots throught to 25 knots+, you should look at boards in the 150cm to 165cm length to start with.

          Your kite still has the bridle fitted, and it is better to remove it on that kite.
          http://www.kitepower.com.au

          wrote:
          > Hi John
          > Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line
          stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
          > How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school
          or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
          > Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with
          info?
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au

          Service.

        • Tabitha
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2003
            Hi
            Does the kite actually have 8.4 written on it or are you actually
            talking about this distance from middle to tip?

            I wouldn't recommend learning to fly/practice flying an 8.4 (or any
            12m kite for that matter)on land , maybe shallow water with no
            obstacles for a long way downwind?

            Good luck
            Tabitha

            ps are you confused about sizing now? if you do a search of the
            archives there is a lot of info.

            --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "john_kason" <jkason@g...> wrote:
            > I am amazed at the speedy response. Thanks to all

            <snip> > I have the 8,4 airblast I tke this is the measurement from
            the
            > middle to one side.

            <Snip>