Re: [ksurfschool] new rider old kite - no instructions

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 7:08 PM
      If he has bought a 16.4AB as his first kite, to learn kiteboarding, then he is screwed! :-) It is hard to re-launch that beast even with the bridle, but if the bridle breaks when you are using it you are going to wish you were home in your warm bed!
      The 11.8 can be re-launched easily without the bridle, it just takes practice and correct technique.
      To really help this person we need him to provide more info,
      How heavy are they. What are the average winds in their area, Are there established schools or shops in his area? What is the area like where he intends to teach himself? Who sold him the AB as a begginer kite, with the bridles half connected?
      It sounds like he has been treated pretty badly, even if he bought privately?
      http://www.kitepower.com.au