wipika airblast question

  • john_kason
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2003
      I just bought a airblast but cam with no set up instructions.

      can soembody give me some assistance. It is a 4 line kite. would
      you have an accurate diagram of all the parts and where they are
      supposed be attached.

      thanks a million
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2003
        Hi John
        Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
        How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
        Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with info?
        http://www.kitepower.com.au

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2003
          I am amazed at the speedy response. Thanks to all

          I am 6 foot 200 - 210 depending on the day :-) u know water
          retention.

          Yes I will be seeking instruction on a trip down to Vancouver - the
          coast. but until then i will be tryign to figure out how to conect
          and practice flying on land.

          I have the 8,4 airblast I tke this is the measurement from the
          middle to one side.

          I got it inot my head that instead of a boat this was a viable
          solution. I am totally to blame in buying perhaps a too aggressive
          kit as a beginner. I picked it up from a liquidation center - cheap
          but no instructions and knowledge.

          I am in a small town in British columbia with lots of lakes and open
          feilds.

          so I have the 2001 airblast on each side ther are attachemnt
          points and then four feet in what looks like another potential
          attachment point. The instruction book does not have very good
          diagrams.

          The kit cam with and steve was right 2 6' briddle with knots on it
          but also a three ended briddle. The briddle takes the shape of a v
          one end being about 4 ft and the other end of the v going out about
          6.

          I hope this data helps some. I am continuing my search for clear
          diagrams on this model.

          of course I can be directly reached at jkason@...

          Thanks a million

          one of the most helpful forums

          john

          In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@k...>
          wrote:
          > Hi John
          > Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line
          stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
          > How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school
          or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
          > Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with
          info?
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack
          > http://www.kitepower.com.au

          Service.

        • Kite Power (Sydney)
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2003
            Hi Jason
            Check out these websites, before you fly the kite. My advice is not to try to fly the kite until you have had a lesson or 3.
            http://www.kitesurfingschool.org/ read all of it! :-)
            http://www.kiteboarding.be/
            http://www.kiteforum.com
            http://www.wipikana.com (send them a request for an instruction booklet)

            An 8.4 AB is approx equivalent to 12.0 Flat sizing, so it is similar in size to a naish Aero 2 12.0, North Rhino 2 12.0, etc, OK?
            For your weight, the kite will work from around 14/15 knots throught to 25 knots+, you should look at boards in the 150cm to 165cm length to start with.

            Your kite still has the bridle fitted, and it is better to remove it on that kite.
            http://www.kitepower.com.au

            wrote:
            > Hi John
            > Have you flown inflatable kites before? Have you flown 2 line
            stunt kites at all? Do you own one?
            > How much do you weigh? Have you had any lessons? Is there a school
            or established shop in your area? Do you intend to get lessons?
            > Until you give us that info it is difficult to provide you with
            info?
            > Cya and
            > Goodwinds
            > Steve McCormack
            > http://www.kitepower.com.au

            Service.

          • Tabitha
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2003
              Hi
              Does the kite actually have 8.4 written on it or are you actually
              talking about this distance from middle to tip?

              I wouldn't recommend learning to fly/practice flying an 8.4 (or any
              12m kite for that matter)on land , maybe shallow water with no
              obstacles for a long way downwind?

              Good luck
              Tabitha

              ps are you confused about sizing now? if you do a search of the
              archives there is a lot of info.

              --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "john_kason" <jkason@g...> wrote:
              > I am amazed at the speedy response. Thanks to all

              <snip> > I have the 8,4 airblast I tke this is the measurement from
              the
              > middle to one side.

              <Snip>