Re: [ksurfschool] Dirtsurfer boards

  • John F. Santos
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003
      I am a bit unclear as to whether I can put channel trucks on this board, merely because I was looking at some trucks online and they said they are "Compatible with the all MBS Channel Truck boards" ( http://www.mountainboardz.com/mountainboard_accessories/mbs_hubs.htm)
      Since mine didn't originally come with channel trucks, does that mean that the mounting hole pattern will not fit the mounting hole pattern that was drilled with the oversize skateboard trucks?

      If they will fit I think that would be a worthwhile investment for me.

      John

      "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...> wrote:
      Hi John
      There are a number of mods you can do to that board, and if you started at $130US, it should be worth at least changing to the new alloy channel trucks, if not those then just go for the steel ones, which should be discounted now if you can find a store that stocks them.
      The Ambush warrior is an entry level board, but like most MBS boards it can be upgraded. It was designed for a rider up to 60-70kg, if you weigh more than that consider selling it and getting aboard designed for your weight. The new MBS Core 16 is a good board.
      Anyway once you fit the new trucks, you can put shock absorbers (egg shocks - yellow or orange) in them and speed wobbles disappear.

      It is not necessary to upgrade to channel trucks and springs, to use the board with a kite, especially while you are learning. The oversize skteboard trucks work really well on several brands of boards on the market, so do not write them off as inferior to channel trucks with dual springs. You can go to a skate shop and get new HD donuts for a few $$, if yours are a bit worn and pinched out.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003
        And don't look at the ground running under your board, or that is where you will be!
        :-)
        http://www.kitepower.com.au

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003
          Hi John,
          If you have access to a drill, the compatability expands to include all boards! If you can afford the newest alloy MBS trucks and ball bearing pivot, then go for them, if not any of the steel channel trucks around the marketplace will do the job.
          http://www.kitepower.com.au

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2003
            Ha! Great point! I was thinking I was going to avoid
            drilling any holes in the deck because I was afraid of
            weakening it and making it vulnerable to breakage, but
            now that you put the idea in my mind I realize there
            are no tortional forces directly over the trucks.
            Thanks!!

            --- "Kite Power (Sydney)" <sydney@...>
            wrote:

            ---------------------------------
            Hi John,
            If you have access to a drill, the compatability
            expands to include all boards! If you can afford the
            newest alloy MBS trucks and ball bearing pivot, then
            go for them, if not any of the steel channel trucks
            around the marketplace will do the job.
            http://www.kitepower.com.au

            Anybody have any experience with dirsurfer
            boards?

            Is it worth it to spend the money on one to
            avoid speed wobbles or is
            putting bungee cords on a mountain board good
            enough?

            Thanks
            John

            http://www.KitesurfingSchool.org/faqs.htm for