Re: [ksurfschool] One question

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 20, 2003
      Pump the kite up to nearly full, get a helper to hold one end of the LE, and you on the other. Make sure the valve is pointing to the ground (down). Shake the kite, then have a third friend pop the valve, sand should come out provided it was dry.
      If it is wet, trying to remove it all will damage the kite, so leave it there unless there is so much that it affects the kites flying.
      We often find that luffing kites, that are normally known for their stability, often have large amounts of sand and water (particularly water) in the LE bladder.
      Get into the habit of being very clean with your pump, always pump a bit before inserting nozzle into valve to clear any sand that may have gotten into the pump, clean pump regularly.
      Clean pumpliness is next to awesomekiteliness.

      http://www.kitepower.com.au