Re: [ksurfschool] BIG BEAR LAKES CALF. KITEBOARDING

  • John F. Santos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2003
      Speaking of Big Bear, has anyone tried, or considered trying, kitesnowboarding or kiteskiing on Baldwin Lake, the sizeable dry lake a few miles upstream from Big Bear? I think the window for doing this would be small since the snow in that area has been meager the last few years. I remember, though, driving by that lake after a big storm during an El Nino year and I was impressed with the coverage.

      John

      "John F. Santos" <bamoffthelip@...> wrote:
      You might try calling this kite shop in Big Bear. Not really super knowledgeable about power kites but this is where I bought my first trainer and the owner knows a little about kitesurfing on the lake. Worth a call. Let us know what you find out because I live about 1 hour from Big Bear.
      John

      1) Kite Factory, The
      40847 Big Bear Blvd
      Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
      Telephone: 909-878-9189
      Flags, Kites, Wind Socks, Banners and More... We Sell Fun!
      info@...
      www.kitefactory.com

      m2high2fly <gottro@...> wrote:
      DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. ABOUT KITEBOARDING ON BIG BEAR LAKE CALF.,
      INCLUDING WHERE TO LAUNCH AND WHAT TYPE OF CONDITIONS?
      THANKS