Having fun riding submarine board!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2003
      With today's very gust wind, I often rode my board as a "submarine".

      What I have found was that this tiny board worked great as a submarine
      board. Riding IN the water and the transition from IN to ON the water
      was fun (not a big hassle as a larger board 40 x 120 or 35 X 142).

      It must be something to do with width. I will make a 30 x 142 so see
      the differences (same shape & width just longer).

      P.S., I would rather ride this 30 x 120 in very gusty wind as the
      "submarine" portion is "part of the fun"

      P.P.S. I also frequently rode my snowboard (30 x 142) in a "submarine"
      fashion in very deep powder snow (1' or more). The "submarine" must be
      a "feature" of the snowboard shape.