Re: [ksurfschool] Double wind speed rule!

  • John F. Santos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      Just out of curiosity, what are the conditions that
      lead to such a gusty situation?

      John Santos

      --- Hung Vu <hungvu@...> wrote:

      ---------------------------------
      I went out today and being borderline between having
      fun and calling it
      quit.

      When I went home and checked the local wind meters,
      the maximun wind
      speed was roughly twice as much as the average wind
      speed (15ish
      average, 30ish gusts).

      Thus the double wind speed rule:

      "Don't kite when the gust is getting twice as
      strong as the normal
      wind"

      P.S., I was using my amphibious board (30 x 120 cm).

      answers
      to the most frequently asked questions.

      To unsubscribe, please send an email to
      ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      To subscribe, please send an email to
      ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

      Terms of Service.

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
        Frontal systems (occasional storms), side shore wind blowing from land
        before getting to the water.

        Hung.