Double wind speed rule!

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
      I went out today and being borderline between having fun and calling it
      quit.

      When I went home and checked the local wind meters, the maximun wind
      speed was roughly twice as much as the average wind speed (15ish
      average, 30ish gusts).

      Thus the double wind speed rule:

      "Don't kite when the gust is getting twice as strong as the normal
      wind"

      P.S., I was using my amphibious board (30 x 120 cm).

      Hung.
    • John F. Santos
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2003
        Just out of curiosity, what are the conditions that
        lead to such a gusty situation?

        John Santos

        --- Hung Vu <hungvu@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        I went out today and being borderline between having
        fun and calling it
        quit.

        When I went home and checked the local wind meters,
        the maximun wind
        speed was roughly twice as much as the average wind
        speed (15ish
        average, 30ish gusts).

        Thus the double wind speed rule:

        "Don't kite when the gust is getting twice as
        strong as the normal
        wind"

        P.S., I was using my amphibious board (30 x 120 cm).

        answers
        to the most frequently asked questions.

        To unsubscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-unsubscribe@egroups.com
        To subscribe, please send an email to
        ksurfschool-subscribe@egroups.com

        Terms of Service.

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2003
          Frontal systems (occasional storms), side shore wind blowing from land
          before getting to the water.

          Hung.