3-D bars work very well!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2003
      I have been building and playing with 3-D bars in the last few months.
      They work very well.

      3-D bars are the types of bar that allow one to change the AOA and turn
      they kite instantaneously without having to hook in.

      The simplest form of a 3-D bar is a rectangle (2 bars interconnected by
      2 rigid sides). A more complex form is 3 bars interconnected by a
      triangle at both ends. even a more complex form is a cube (4 bars
      interconnected by a square at both ends). One can go as complex (as
      many bars) as one wants.

      Back lines are connected to 1 bar and front lines connected to another.

      By grabbing any one bar, one can select the desired AOA of the kite
      (associated with that bar).

      By holding one bar and pulling another (or more a rotation as the bars
      are rigidly interconnected) one can adjust the AOA of the kite on the
      fly.

      More details and pictures will be posted on
      http://www.kitesurfingschool.org in the next few weeks.