Very narrow kiteboard.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      This year I am experimenting with amphibious boards (for water and
      snow).

      As a part of the experiment, I also want to see how narrow a board one
      can go (as snowboard are very narrow).

      So I made a very narrow kiteboard having similar dimensions to my son's
      snowboard (30 cm X 120 cm). The tips have identical shape as the
      snowboard but only with 1 cm tip kicker (basically the thickness of the
      wood). The bottom is flat (except for the tip kicker at both tips).
      The side of the board is straight (no side cut).

      I tried it out yesterday and it's a great board (this is now my favorite
      board). It's very responsive, very fast and doesn't seem to need more
      wind nor more constant wind than a wider board I made last year (40 cm x
      120 cm).

      I will post the picture/details of the board on
      http://www.kitesurfingschool.org in the next few weeks.