Re: [ksurfschool] wipika free air 2 to 4 lines conversion

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2003
      It is a good kite, quite small by todays standards though. We still use one in our school while it lasts, in 4 line mode. All the instructors like using it.
      All you need is a "stanchion fairlead", to attach to your bar, get them at yacht chandlers or good kite stores. Then get the Ozone trim loop, and the naish trim strap and leash, connect it all and you will have a nice 4 line kite for winds in the 20 to 30+ knots windrange.
      In four line this kite is very fast turning, they have spanked a lot of riders in high winds, use a shortish bar no longer than 50cm, cut yours down if necessary.
      Since you are still learning use leaders approx the same length as what is on the bar now, and just connect standard 25/27M lines to them.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au