Re: Kite surting in stockholm _ good learning spots

  • kitesurf73
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2003
      Hello i live in solna right outside sth,pratar du svenska, you know
      there is a sth kitesurfing group/forum that can get you a lot of
      info..... Otherwise ive been kiting oround here fo 3 years and i cant
      say its a ideal place but there are som places that its possible for
      beginners to kite safe.......

      The best for beginnes are galo/skalaker there is a beach 200-300
      meters wide and shalow 50 meters out but its can be gusty its the
      wind have to be N/O if its to much north thats to much land thats
      catch the wind and the same if its to mush O.......45 min drive from
      sth........

      Sweizerbadet on dalarö its about the same 200 meter wide beach
      shalow water 50 metrs out the wind have to be SV to work might work
      in S.........45m drive from sth.....

      Satrastrandbadet its a 200-300 wide beach not shallow and have park
      beanches alonge the the beach not recomended for beginners it also
      have a bading line to keep swimmers to swim to far out i guess its a
      little bit of boat traffic also......Works only V wind........20 m
      drive from sth ..........

      Remember that this places is not possible to kite in when its summer
      cause its to much people if its rain and a shity wheater or some
      other reason is empty than ofcourse its ok to kite........

      And then the best for last Toro 1 h 5 min drive from sth works from
      NV to S But there is actually to beaches stenstrand and karringviken
      yes its a rock beach!!!!!!!!........But the pussy bay(translated from
      swedish)IS a sand beach 500 m but only works in NV and can get pretty
      gusty.......Pussy bay works for beginners..... But not the rock beach
      its a wave spot with a rock beach and big rocks out in the water
      to.....

      Remember the dots on the o a so the names are are little different.

      You could mail me for more info anders_haggbom1@.......