Kite surting in stockholm _ good learning spots

  • jakobjth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm searching for a good kite surfing spot in stockholm, sweden where
      it is possible for a beginner to learn kitesurfing on water. Does
      anyone here have some experience kitesurfing in stockholm / and know
      of a good spot?

      // thx
    • kitesurf73
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2003
        Hello i live in solna right outside sth,pratar du svenska, you know
        there is a sth kitesurfing group/forum that can get you a lot of
        info..... Otherwise ive been kiting oround here fo 3 years and i cant
        say its a ideal place but there are som places that its possible for
        beginners to kite safe.......

        The best for beginnes are galo/skalaker there is a beach 200-300
        meters wide and shalow 50 meters out but its can be gusty its the
        wind have to be N/O if its to much north thats to much land thats
        catch the wind and the same if its to mush O.......45 min drive from
        sth........

        Sweizerbadet on dalarö its about the same 200 meter wide beach
        shalow water 50 metrs out the wind have to be SV to work might work
        in S.........45m drive from sth.....

        Satrastrandbadet its a 200-300 wide beach not shallow and have park
        beanches alonge the the beach not recomended for beginners it also
        have a bading line to keep swimmers to swim to far out i guess its a
        little bit of boat traffic also......Works only V wind........20 m
        drive from sth ..........

        Remember that this places is not possible to kite in when its summer
        cause its to much people if its rain and a shity wheater or some
        other reason is empty than ofcourse its ok to kite........

        And then the best for last Toro 1 h 5 min drive from sth works from
        NV to S But there is actually to beaches stenstrand and karringviken
        yes its a rock beach!!!!!!!!........But the pussy bay(translated from
        swedish)IS a sand beach 500 m but only works in NV and can get pretty
        gusty.......Pussy bay works for beginners..... But not the rock beach
        its a wave spot with a rock beach and big rocks out in the water
        to.....

        Remember the dots on the o a so the names are are little different.

        You could mail me for more info anders_haggbom1@.......