Rigging a 4 line kite

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      I know the answer to this has to be somewhere, but I haven't been
      able to find it. I learned on a two line kite and then purchased a
      4 line kite in Maui, but didn't have time to rig it there. I know I
      should have done it there...
      Anyway I tried to rig it and I think I got it right, but before the
      knots set in I would love to know for sure. Specifically the lines
      I got seem to have small thin loops and larger thick loops. I
      presume the small ones attach to the kite? It also looks like I
      need to tie knots in a couple of the lines to make it work.

      Thanks for your help

      Karl
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        http://www.kitepower.com.au/news/storm_instructions.pdf
        Click on the link above and print out the Adobe PDF document of the Flexifoil Storm instruction booklet, it should help you to work it out.
        Do not fly your kite unless you are sure it is rigged properly, you or other downwind of you may get hurt, or worse!
        There should be NO knots in any of your flying lines, knots reduce the strength of your lines by at least 40-50%, possibly as much as 80%, depending on the knot. If you break a rear line after launch the kite will spin out of control, with a lot of power.

        Get back to us if you still need help.
        http://www.kitepower.com.au