Re: [ksurfschool] Re: Bladder Glue

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2003
      Try a glue called Pattex.

      Cya and Goodwinds
      David Corrin
      302 the Grand Pde
      Sans Souci NSW
      Tel: (02) 9529 6894
      Mob: 0412 946 148
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      also at Geelong and coogee.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: nzkiwikiter2002
      To: ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 12:02 PM
      Subject: [ksurfschool] Re: Bladder Glue

      Hi Steve..

      Can you give me a brand name for that clear polyurethane glue? The
      only stuff I've found so far sets hard, and expands slightly when
      curing. I had a go with some bike shop glue and it peels right off
      once it's cured - it just won't stick to the bladder material.

      Thanks again,
      Boris.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kite Power \(Sydney\)"
      <sydney@k...> wrote:
      > The stuff that comes with the naish kites can be found in bike
      shops. As far as I know it is the same as used to fix punctures, but
      always test a bit on the scrap bladder used to make the patch.
      > I know clear polyurethane glue will work on a lot of bladders too,
      but it takes approx 8-10 hrs to set properly.
      > Large patches are tricky to do, because most glues make the patch
      or the bladder to curl up (heaps), so what I do is tape the patch to
      a hard shiny surface like glass, laminex/formica, only put the glue
      around the perimeter of the patch, and then lay the bladder on top
      followed by a couple of phone books.
      > Inflate and check for small leaks and patch these one at a time. I
      have saved customers buying new bladders on holes you would normally
      assume are unrepairable, by carefully using the technique above,
      ordinary sticky tape/cellotape is best to stick the patch down. Good
      luck.!
      > Cya and
      > Goodwinds
      > Steve McCormack
      > http://www.kitepower.com.au

      the
      > Naish one)
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Boris
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      unsubscribe@egroups.com
      subscribe@egroups.com

      Service.

    • Alex Tien Do
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2003
        or seem grip
        u can find them in the camping section
        It works beautifully

        <sydney@k...> wrote:
        > The stuff that comes with the naish kites can be found in bike
        shops. As far as I know it is the same as used to fix punctures, but
        always test a bit on the scrap bladder used to make the patch.
        > I know clear polyurethane glue will work on a lot of bladders too,
        but it takes approx 8-10 hrs to set properly.
        > Large patches are tricky to do, because most glues make the patch
        or the bladder to curl up (heaps), so what I do is tape the patch to
        a hard shiny surface like glass, laminex/formica, only put the glue
        around the perimeter of the patch, and then lay the bladder on top
        followed by a couple of phone books.
        > Inflate and check for small leaks and patch these one at a time. I
        have saved customers buying new bladders on holes you would normally
        assume are unrepairable, by carefully using the technique above,
        ordinary sticky tape/cellotape is best to stick the patch down. Good
        luck.!
        > Cya and
        > Goodwinds
        > Steve McCormack
        > http://www.kitepower.com.au

        Service.

      • Alex Tien Do
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2003
          Anyone knows a place to kite in Kenya "East of Africa"

          Thanks

          <sydney@k...> wrote:
          > The stuff that comes with the naish kites can be found in bike
          shops. As far as I know it is the same as used to fix punctures, but
          always test a bit on the scrap bladder used to make the patch.
          > I know clear polyurethane glue will work on a lot of bladders too,
          but it takes approx 8-10 hrs to set properly.
          > Large patches are tricky to do, because most glues make the patch
          or the bladder to curl up (heaps), so what I do is tape the patch to
          a hard shiny surface like glass, laminex/formica, only put the glue
          around the perimeter of the patch, and then lay the bladder on top
          followed by a couple of phone books.
          > Inflate and check for small leaks and patch these one at a time. I
          have saved customers buying new bladders on holes you would normally
          assume are unrepairable, by carefully using the technique above,
          ordinary sticky tape/cellotape is best to stick the patch down. Good
          luck.!
          > Cya and
          > Goodwinds
          > Steve McCormack