What do spec wearers do?

  • nhugroups
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2003
      I fried my eyes boarding the other day. (Something about kiting
      makes one look at the sun). Can any riders who needs glasses
      tell me what solution they have found to work best around kites
      and water (prescription sunglasses, contacts etc?).

      Ted
      (thanks for help with the windmeter thread)
    • Paul K McCulloch
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2003
        Hi Ted,

        I use contacts (acuvue disposables). They tend to stay in place, in all
        but the very worst circumstances. Recommended.

        Paul

        nhugroups wrote:

        >I fried my eyes boarding the other day. (Something about kiting
        >makes one look at the sun). Can any riders who needs glasses
        >tell me what solution they have found to work best around kites
        >and water (prescription sunglasses, contacts etc?).
        >
        >Ted
        >(thanks for help with the windmeter thread)

      • Alger, David
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2003
          I sailed blind for years windsurfing, but with the kite I wanted to see what
          the #$%^& it was doing. I wear wrap around prescription shades with a
          fairly tight strap. So far, no problems, despite numerous neck jerking
          slams.