Re: [ksurfschool] Re: I Keep loosing my edge...

  • Kite Power (Sydney)
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2003
      I love your anti kids ploy!!! Will definately try it out!! :-)))
      I think your main problem will be the board is a bit big, and you are most likely flying the kite too high, so when a gust hits or you drop off the back of a wave, you lose your edge.
      Try edging the kite lower and lower towards the water, and really putting a lot of pressure on your rear foot, and point high into the wind. It is important to control your speed, keep it lowish and steady.
      You will notice your kite surges forward of you when you are doing this technique correctly, and you lose speed too.
      And be patient with yourself too, sounds like you are doing really well for the amount of time you have been at it.
      http://www.kitepower.com.au