Re: I Keep loosing my edge...

  • fernmanus
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 9, 2003
      Sam,

      One other thought comes to mind. Try using longer fins on the
      heelside edge of your board. This will make jibing a little
      tougher, but will help you hold an edge in the swell.

      Kenny

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Sam Morgan" <nippleteam@y...>
      wrote:
      > I ride a 16m2 Rhino on a switch 180 twin tip and I'm a fat 100kg.
      > I've been finding that when the wind picks up 16-18knots the board
      > will flatten out and slip straight out from under me. I ride in a
      bit
      > of a swell, can't be helped, and when I go down a wave, or back of
      > one, the lines will pull me over the board too, and or cause the
      > above problem.
      > I guess I just have to edge harder and allow for the swell, but
      can
      > anyone tell me if it's something a bit simpler? It's really
      beggining
      > to cause me pain, esp when my balls collide with the board!
      > -Live harder, die sideways.
    • Kite Power (Sydney)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2003
        I love your anti kids ploy!!! Will definately try it out!! :-)))
        I think your main problem will be the board is a bit big, and you are most likely flying the kite too high, so when a gust hits or you drop off the back of a wave, you lose your edge.
        Try edging the kite lower and lower towards the water, and really putting a lot of pressure on your rear foot, and point high into the wind. It is important to control your speed, keep it lowish and steady.
        You will notice your kite surges forward of you when you are doing this technique correctly, and you lose speed too.
        And be patient with yourself too, sounds like you are doing really well for the amount of time you have been at it.
        http://www.kitepower.com.au