Re: just my 2 cents worth

  • hink_trent
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2003
      Pretty sure I had read that they worked independently, not aware of
      what the others were doing. My understanding was that Roeseler had
      developed the first rig that people were able to sail upwind with on
      the water.

      Legaignoux bros. invented the leading edge inflatable kitesurfing
      kite.

      People were using traction kites to pull themselves around on land
      long before anyone tried doing it on water. My friend Steve Shapson
      claims to have been using downhill skis for kite skiing for about 18
      years now. He started out using delta kites and later developed and
      marketed the first (or one of the first) 4-line foils available in
      the US (the Force 10 foil).

      Shapson credits Lee Sedgwick for inventing the sport of kite skiing
      on snow. Sedgwick sort of is to stunt kiting what Robby Naish is to
      windsurfing.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Lissette Rojas" <lissette@v...>
      wrote:
      > Hi to all,
      > And thank to all that help` me clear up my doubt, Yes at the end I
      think I
      > will give some credit to both Americans and French's. Cory Roeseler
      from
      > Oregon, USA for developing the kiteskii system and Bruno and
      Dominique
      > Legaignouxfrom France for their fly surf prototype system.
      >
      > Lissette Rojas
      > Ven A Kite Club
      > +(58) (416) 803-25-06 (mobile)
      > +(58) (212) 753-25-52 (w/h)