Re: [ksurfschool] just my 2 cents worth

  • Lissette Rojas
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2003
      Hi to all,
      And thank to all that help` me clear up my doubt, Yes at the end I think I
      will give some credit to both Americans and French's. Cory Roeseler from
      Oregon, USA for developing the kiteskii system and Bruno and Dominique
      Legaignouxfrom France for their fly surf prototype system.

      Lissette Rojas
      Ven A Kite Club
      +(58) (416) 803-25-06 (mobile)
      +(58) (212) 753-25-52 (w/h)

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2003
        Pretty sure I had read that they worked independently, not aware of
        what the others were doing. My understanding was that Roeseler had
        developed the first rig that people were able to sail upwind with on
        the water.

        Legaignoux bros. invented the leading edge inflatable kitesurfing
        kite.

        People were using traction kites to pull themselves around on land
        long before anyone tried doing it on water. My friend Steve Shapson
        claims to have been using downhill skis for kite skiing for about 18
        years now. He started out using delta kites and later developed and
        marketed the first (or one of the first) 4-line foils available in
        the US (the Force 10 foil).

        Shapson credits Lee Sedgwick for inventing the sport of kite skiing
        on snow. Sedgwick sort of is to stunt kiting what Robby Naish is to
        windsurfing.

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Lissette Rojas" <lissette@v...>
        wrote:
        > Hi to all,
        > And thank to all that help` me clear up my doubt, Yes at the end I
        think I
        > will give some credit to both Americans and French's. Cory Roeseler
        from
        > Oregon, USA for developing the kiteskii system and Bruno and
        Dominique
        > Legaignouxfrom France for their fly surf prototype system.
        >
        > Lissette Rojas
        > Ven A Kite Club
        > +(58) (416) 803-25-06 (mobile)
        > +(58) (212) 753-25-52 (w/h)