just my 2 cents worth

  • sasksurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2003
      Hi All
      I just read the question ...and the answer. As much as I would like
      for Canada to take the credit..I don't think so. I talked to Cory
      many years ago and I'm sure he told me he was from Florida...but
      moved to Oregon for the wind...!
      North America yes......Canada NO...
      I guess the sure way would be to ask Cory..!
    • Lissette Rojas
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 30, 2003
        Hi to all,
        And thank to all that help` me clear up my doubt, Yes at the end I think I
        will give some credit to both Americans and French's. Cory Roeseler from
        Oregon, USA for developing the kiteskii system and Bruno and Dominique
        Legaignouxfrom France for their fly surf prototype system.

        Lissette Rojas
        Ven A Kite Club
        +(58) (416) 803-25-06 (mobile)
        +(58) (212) 753-25-52 (w/h)

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30, 2003
          Pretty sure I had read that they worked independently, not aware of
          what the others were doing. My understanding was that Roeseler had
          developed the first rig that people were able to sail upwind with on
          the water.

          Legaignoux bros. invented the leading edge inflatable kitesurfing
          kite.

          People were using traction kites to pull themselves around on land
          long before anyone tried doing it on water. My friend Steve Shapson
          claims to have been using downhill skis for kite skiing for about 18
          years now. He started out using delta kites and later developed and
          marketed the first (or one of the first) 4-line foils available in
          the US (the Force 10 foil).

          Shapson credits Lee Sedgwick for inventing the sport of kite skiing
          on snow. Sedgwick sort of is to stunt kiting what Robby Naish is to
          windsurfing.

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Lissette Rojas" <lissette@v...>
          wrote:
          > Hi to all,
          > And thank to all that help` me clear up my doubt, Yes at the end I
          think I
          > will give some credit to both Americans and French's. Cory Roeseler
          from
          > Oregon, USA for developing the kiteskii system and Bruno and
          Dominique
          > Legaignouxfrom France for their fly surf prototype system.
          >
          > Lissette Rojas
          > Ven A Kite Club
          > +(58) (416) 803-25-06 (mobile)
          > +(58) (212) 753-25-52 (w/h)