[ksurfschool] Rigging break lines on to a FOne

  • Martyn_Gilson-1@sbphrd.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2000
      Hi,

      I need some advice for my brother. He has a 6.5m FOne kite and only uses it
      with a 2 line set-up. He wants to try it with a 4 line set-up with two
      breaklines that come from the kite and attach to a cleat in the middle of the
      boom.

      He saw this set-up on 'Learn to Flysurf' video. When he uses the 4 lines the
      kite will not launch from the ground, when the break lines are removed the kite
      launches very easily. Obviously the problem is the set-up of the break lines.

      He uses 30m lines. Has anyone got any advice how to rig this Kite with a four
      line set-up?

      Cheers
      Martyn
    • Christophe Demaziere
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2000
        >Hi,
        >
        >I need some advice for my brother. He has a 6.5m FOne kite and only uses it
        >with a 2 line set-up. He wants to try it with a 4 line set-up with two
        >breaklines that come from the kite and attach to a cleat in the middle of the
        >boom.
        >
        >He saw this set-up on 'Learn to Flysurf' video. When he uses the 4 lines the
        >kite will not launch from the ground, when the break lines are removed the kite
        >launches very easily. Obviously the problem is the set-up of the break lines.
        >
        >He uses 30m lines. Has anyone got any advice how to rig this Kite with a four
        >line set-up?
        >
        >Cheers
        >Martyn

        You should check the length of the lines. Apparently, the brake (bottom) lines
        are too short, or the top lines are too long. When you launch a 4-line kite,
        the bottom lines should be slack, otherwise you cannot make it fly.

        Good winds...
        Christophe