RE: [ksurfschool] Jump 101

  • inlandc
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2003
      Marc,

      Sounds like you are doing well, just need to nail the timing. Most people
      when beginning to jump will look at the kite out of habit. I am hesitant to
      tell you to start looking at the kite as It is a habit we all want to
      eventually break/
      When you are coming down like a rock, you are probably not getting on the
      front hand enough to get the kite over your head and heading forward.
      Speed is also a component to jumping. Start slower and work up the speed as
      you feel comfortable.
      Are you sending the kite back or just loading up and keeping the kite high?
      If you are loading up on the lines to jump you are probably dropping like
      stone when you are going faster as you are letting the kite get behind you.

      Get on that front hand to get the kite moving in the direction of travel!

      You should know what the kite is doing so take a look and see where it is
      when you are coming down from a jump, If the kite if you are looking back at
      the kite you need more front hand pressure.

      Philip

      Philip Mann
      Inland Sea Windsurf Co
      Kitesite.net
      http://www.inlandsea.com
      http://www.kitesite.net
      888-465-2632
      802-862-3847

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2003
          thanks Philip-

          I can't wait to try again using your advice.

          -Marc

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/