Re: Cabarete to learn

  • fernmanus
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
      It is located in the Dominican Republic.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kuykendall, Justin"
      <Justin@n...> wrote:
      > Where is Cabarete?

      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1
      705100963:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabe
      i>
      > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
      M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=76
      1209196>

      unsubscribe@egroups.com
      subscribe@egroups.com

    • fernmanus
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
        David,

        Better yet, go to South Padre Island, TX. It is warmer than
        Hatteras. The water is shallow for miles; the water is flat; the
        wind is smooth; the beach is wide and uncrowded. You can't get into
        much trouble because you can wade into shore even if you are out 1/4
        mile from shore. By far, the best place I have seen to learn how to
        kite board. The local guy, Cliff at South Padre Island is an
        excellent instructor, patient and very knowledgeable.

        I went there a few weeks ago and I wore a shorty wetsuit the whole
        time. If you go in April, you will have an excellent time and you
        will have a headstart for the summer.

        By the way, I am just a rider, not an instructor like Matt.

        Kenny

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, matt nuzzo <realkiteobx@y...>
        wrote:
        > David -- If you have not gone to Cabarete for lessons
        > you might want to consider coming to Hatteras for
        > lessons. Based on consistant winds and ideal shallow
        > sandy bottom waters your entry into the sport of
        > kiteboarding will be far more successful here in
        > Hatteras. The waters are presently warm enough to
        > spend an entire day riding so long as you have a full
        > wet suit. For more information about instructional
        > programs check out www.realkiteboarding.com or contact
        > us at 1.866.REAL.KITE.
        >
        > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@P...> wrote:
        > > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
        > > Cabarete in the first
        > > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
        > > much time on the board
        > > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
        > > operating and good?
        > > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
        > > avoid? Any input
        > > would be appreciated.

        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • agh1890
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
          David,

          I would have to agree with Matt. Hatteras is an awesome place to
          learn to kiteboard. I spend a week down there last year with Matt
          and his team and I don't think I could have had a better experience.

          I am sure there are lots of places you can learn to kiteboard.
          However I found that Hatteras was just perfect for me. Additionally
          the instructors are Real were all very knowledgable and great
          people. I would high recommend Hatteras and Realkiteboarding.

          AGH