Re: [ksurfschool] Re: WARNING TO SNAP SHACKLE USERS!!!

  • matt nuzzo
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 7, 2003
      Check out the new Leash-Less Chicken Loop system on
      Flexifoil's new Storm2 Bar. It is really clean and
      100% safe. Go to www.flexifoil.com

      --- "Johnnykiter(Claude)
      <johnnykitesurfer@...>"

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • philip ellis
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 11, 2003
        I use a Winchard snap shackle and have found that this
        is by far the safest snap shackle mechanism. It
        releases even under extreme load and it does it every
        time!!

        --- matt nuzzo <realkiteobx@...> wrote: > Check

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • KiteHIGH Hawaii
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 12, 2003
          In our school, if folks are keen on the snap shackle, we recommend they try
          attaching a wrist leash to the quick release of the shackle. Make the line
          length of the leash long enough so it will only release when you arm is at
          about 95% extension. This allow a "no think" quick solution to escaping bad
          scenarios. Later as you progress with your kite skills, you can safely
          "wean" down to a pull release at the shackle.

          Of course you need a back up kite safety line attached (to keep the kite
          with you but de powered) to the harness, ala the latest gear buy Naish,
          Takoon, Wipika etc which also incorporate another quick release on the kite
          safety line.

          Never fly with out a quick release system of some sort on the sheeting
          lines, I have witnessed numerous close calls....that were too close a
          couple of times.

          Hope this helps someone, somewhere.

          Best Regards
          Andy Heaton

          ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free
          Int ph: +11 808 637 5483

          66-250 Kam Hwy
          Haleiwa, Oahu, 96793

          http://www.kitehigh.com
          The original, since '99, over 120 pages...

          http://www.alohakiteboarding.com
          Oahu - Hawaii's premier lesson center.
          IKO & PASA Certified instruction.

          >Message: 1
          > Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:28:26 +0000 (GMT)
          > From: philip ellis <pje21@...>
          >Subject: Re: Re: WARNING TO SNAP SHACKLE USERS!!!
          >
          >I use a Winchard snap shackle and have found that this
          >is by far the safest snap shackle mechanism. It
          >releases even under extreme load and it does it every
          >time!!
        • George Sarris
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 12, 2003
            I am curious as to how many have had to use
            their emergency quick release system. It would
            be interesting to see how many have and what type of
            system they have. Also, indicate under what
            circumstances they had to used it. i.e. weather
            conditions, physical conditions(fatigue, etc.).
            Perhaps some sort of survey could be conducted.

            Just a thought,
            Jake

            http://webhosting.yahoo.com