Re: [ksurfschool] Cabarete to learn

  • matt nuzzo
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
      David -- If you have not gone to Cabarete for lessons
      you might want to consider coming to Hatteras for
      lessons. Based on consistant winds and ideal shallow
      sandy bottom waters your entry into the sport of
      kiteboarding will be far more successful here in
      Hatteras. The waters are presently warm enough to
      spend an entire day riding so long as you have a full
      wet suit. For more information about instructional
      programs check out www.realkiteboarding.com or contact
      us at 1.866.REAL.KITE.

      --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
      > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
      > Cabarete in the first
      > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
      > much time on the board
      > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
      > operating and good?
      > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
      > avoid? Any input
      > would be appreciated.

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Kuykendall, Justin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
        Where is Cabarete?

        --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
        > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
        > Cabarete in the first
        > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
        > much time on the board
        > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
        > operating and good?
        > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
        > avoid? Any input
        > would be appreciated.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1705100963:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=761209196>

      • fernmanus
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
          It is located in the Dominican Republic.

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kuykendall, Justin"
          <Justin@n...> wrote:
          > Where is Cabarete?

        • fernmanus
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
            David,

            Better yet, go to South Padre Island, TX. It is warmer than
            Hatteras. The water is shallow for miles; the water is flat; the
            wind is smooth; the beach is wide and uncrowded. You can't get into
            much trouble because you can wade into shore even if you are out 1/4
            mile from shore. By far, the best place I have seen to learn how to
            kite board. The local guy, Cliff at South Padre Island is an
            excellent instructor, patient and very knowledgeable.

            I went there a few weeks ago and I wore a shorty wetsuit the whole
            time. If you go in April, you will have an excellent time and you
            will have a headstart for the summer.

            By the way, I am just a rider, not an instructor like Matt.

            Kenny

            --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, matt nuzzo <realkiteobx@y...>
            wrote:
            > David -- If you have not gone to Cabarete for lessons
            > you might want to consider coming to Hatteras for
            > lessons. Based on consistant winds and ideal shallow
            > sandy bottom waters your entry into the sport of
            > kiteboarding will be far more successful here in
            > Hatteras. The waters are presently warm enough to
            > spend an entire day riding so long as you have a full
            > wet suit. For more information about instructional
            > programs check out www.realkiteboarding.com or contact
            > us at 1.866.REAL.KITE.
            >
            > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@P...> wrote:
            > > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
            > > Cabarete in the first
            > > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
            > > much time on the board
            > > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
            > > operating and good?
            > > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
            > > avoid? Any input
            > > would be appreciated.

            > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • agh1890
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
              David,

              I would have to agree with Matt. Hatteras is an awesome place to
              learn to kiteboard. I spend a week down there last year with Matt
              and his team and I don't think I could have had a better experience.

              I am sure there are lots of places you can learn to kiteboard.
              However I found that Hatteras was just perfect for me. Additionally
              the instructors are Real were all very knowledgable and great
              people. I would high recommend Hatteras and Realkiteboarding.

              AGH