Cabarete to learn

  • Alger, David
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2003
      Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in Cabarete in the first
      week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not much time on the board
      yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still operating and good?
      Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to avoid? Any input
      would be appreciated.
    • matt nuzzo
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
        David -- If you have not gone to Cabarete for lessons
        you might want to consider coming to Hatteras for
        lessons. Based on consistant winds and ideal shallow
        sandy bottom waters your entry into the sport of
        kiteboarding will be far more successful here in
        Hatteras. The waters are presently warm enough to
        spend an entire day riding so long as you have a full
        wet suit. For more information about instructional
        programs check out www.realkiteboarding.com or contact
        us at 1.866.REAL.KITE.

        --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
        > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
        > Cabarete in the first
        > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
        > much time on the board
        > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
        > operating and good?
        > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
        > avoid? Any input
        > would be appreciated.

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Kuykendall, Justin
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2003
          Where is Cabarete?

          --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
          > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
          > Cabarete in the first
          > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
          > much time on the board
          > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
          > operating and good?
          > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
          > avoid? Any input
          > would be appreciated.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1705100963:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>
          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=245454.2994396.4323964.2848452/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1457554/rand=761209196>

        • fernmanus
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
            It is located in the Dominican Republic.

            --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "Kuykendall, Justin"
            <Justin@n...> wrote:
            > Where is Cabarete?

          • fernmanus
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8, 2003
              David,

              Better yet, go to South Padre Island, TX. It is warmer than
              Hatteras. The water is shallow for miles; the water is flat; the
              wind is smooth; the beach is wide and uncrowded. You can't get into
              much trouble because you can wade into shore even if you are out 1/4
              mile from shore. By far, the best place I have seen to learn how to
              kite board. The local guy, Cliff at South Padre Island is an
              excellent instructor, patient and very knowledgeable.

              I went there a few weeks ago and I wore a shorty wetsuit the whole
              time. If you go in April, you will have an excellent time and you
              will have a headstart for the summer.

              By the way, I am just a rider, not an instructor like Matt.

              Kenny

              --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, matt nuzzo <realkiteobx@y...>
              wrote:
              > David -- If you have not gone to Cabarete for lessons
              > you might want to consider coming to Hatteras for
              > lessons. Based on consistant winds and ideal shallow
              > sandy bottom waters your entry into the sport of
              > kiteboarding will be far more successful here in
              > Hatteras. The waters are presently warm enough to
              > spend an entire day riding so long as you have a full
              > wet suit. For more information about instructional
              > programs check out www.realkiteboarding.com or contact
              > us at 1.866.REAL.KITE.
              >
              > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@P...> wrote:
              > > Looking for comments on spending 4 days to learn in
              > > Cabarete in the first
              > > week of March. I currently fly fairly well, but not
              > > much time on the board
              > > yet. Is it suitable conditions? Is Kitexcite still
              > > operating and good?
              > > Learning packages? KiteHotel? Vela? Any places to
              > > avoid? Any input
              > > would be appreciated.

              > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • agh1890
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2003
                David,

                I would have to agree with Matt. Hatteras is an awesome place to
                learn to kiteboard. I spend a week down there last year with Matt
                and his team and I don't think I could have had a better experience.

                I am sure there are lots of places you can learn to kiteboard.
                However I found that Hatteras was just perfect for me. Additionally
                the instructors are Real were all very knowledgable and great
                people. I would high recommend Hatteras and Realkiteboarding.

                AGH