Re: WARNING TO SNAP SHACKLE USERS!!!

  • Johnnykiter(Claude) <johnnykitesurfer@ro
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2003
      ---Ocean Rodeo has a New Bar out, it's called Joystick one of best i
      seen and i ordered one. It has Chichen loop tru bar + trim strap. For
      a Emergency quick release you just push to bar up hard to push release
      and you are detached from kite without having to power up to unhook.
      Two more quick release with little pull balls one on wrist leash
      other on harness loop . Nice Bar. You Can See it at
      www.oceanrodeo.com

    • matt nuzzo
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 7, 2003
        Check out the new Leash-Less Chicken Loop system on
        Flexifoil's new Storm2 Bar. It is really clean and
        100% safe. Go to www.flexifoil.com

        --- "Johnnykiter(Claude)
        <johnnykitesurfer@...>"

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • philip ellis
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 11, 2003
          I use a Winchard snap shackle and have found that this
          is by far the safest snap shackle mechanism. It
          releases even under extreme load and it does it every
          time!!

          --- matt nuzzo <realkiteobx@...> wrote: > Check

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com
        • KiteHIGH Hawaii
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 12, 2003
            In our school, if folks are keen on the snap shackle, we recommend they try
            attaching a wrist leash to the quick release of the shackle. Make the line
            length of the leash long enough so it will only release when you arm is at
            about 95% extension. This allow a "no think" quick solution to escaping bad
            scenarios. Later as you progress with your kite skills, you can safely
            "wean" down to a pull release at the shackle.

            Of course you need a back up kite safety line attached (to keep the kite
            with you but de powered) to the harness, ala the latest gear buy Naish,
            Takoon, Wipika etc which also incorporate another quick release on the kite
            safety line.

            Never fly with out a quick release system of some sort on the sheeting
            lines, I have witnessed numerous close calls....that were too close a
            couple of times.

            Hope this helps someone, somewhere.

            Best Regards
            Andy Heaton

            ph: 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free
            Int ph: +11 808 637 5483

            66-250 Kam Hwy
            Haleiwa, Oahu, 96793

            http://www.kitehigh.com
            The original, since '99, over 120 pages...

            http://www.alohakiteboarding.com
            Oahu - Hawaii's premier lesson center.
            IKO & PASA Certified instruction.

            >Message: 1
            > Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:28:26 +0000 (GMT)
            > From: philip ellis <pje21@...>
            >Subject: Re: Re: WARNING TO SNAP SHACKLE USERS!!!
            >
            >I use a Winchard snap shackle and have found that this
            >is by far the safest snap shackle mechanism. It
            >releases even under extreme load and it does it every
            >time!!
          • George Sarris
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 12, 2003
              I am curious as to how many have had to use
              their emergency quick release system. It would
              be interesting to see how many have and what type of
              system they have. Also, indicate under what
              circumstances they had to used it. i.e. weather
              conditions, physical conditions(fatigue, etc.).
              Perhaps some sort of survey could be conducted.

              Just a thought,
              Jake

              http://webhosting.yahoo.com