Re: Bladder repair glue?

  • quixand_123 <quixand@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2003
      For the record, I did my repairs with the bladder deflated, because i
      was worried about the air popping through the holes.

      An interesting side note though - I had two "identical" tubes of
      glue, both from a Naish repair kit. The first tube was very thick
      glue and seemed to have a lot of air in the tube for some reason.
      Having never used the stuff before I thought this would be fine.

      After applying the glue I let it dry for about 24 hours and checked
      the repairs. All of the edges had lifted, and the glue was a definite
      milky colour and quite hard/inflexible. First inflation popped off
      five of the repairs, the rest suicided shortly after.

      The second tube was much better, seemingly full of glue, and applies
      very smoothly. When it dries it is almost impossible to detect
      (except for the big black texta markers around the hole of course!).

      Possibly a bad batch of glue??

      Adam

      PS I also found the glue seems to stick better if you gently rough
      the surface as if you were going to use a patch....

      Oh yeah, 22 punctures. Keep away from that prickly grass eh?