1 Kite for 2

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2003
      We have been blessing with excellent winter wind and snow this winter so
      far (more wind to come tomorrow).

      I went out kitesnowboarding today with my foil/sled Concept Air 6.0 EX's
      (depowered as a sled) in wind around 17 to 27 knots (peak gust 30.8
      knots). I was a bit overpowered but did just fine. This is the wind I
      normally use my Naish 5.5.

      I also use my foil/sled Concept Air 6.0 EX's as a flat foil in 10-11 to
      18 knots (the normally I use my Naish 11.5 for from 9 - 18 knots).

      So my sled/foil Concept Air 6.0 EX's is almost equal the Naish 5.5 and
      11.5.

      P.S. I start using same kite sizes for kitesnowboarding as for
      kitesurfing (as long as you have some snow to edge decently it's the
      same); because it's easier and higher to jump in power-up condition.

      P.P.S., And this is in cold air around -20C. I am not sure what the wind
      meter that the yatch club nearby used but it seems to measure both
      winter wind and summer wind similarly (same power as I feel from my
      kite)

      P.P.P.S, I am in the process of converting my XXXL to a foil/sled.

      Hung.
    • illbeback1999 <illbeback1999@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2003
        Hello Hung,
        tell us more on how to convert a foil to a "sled"!

        Chris

      • hungvuatnetcomdotca <hungvu@netcom.ca>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2003

          P.S. I went out kitesnowboarding again today with the Concept Air 6.0
          with another kitesnowboarder using Naish 11.5. The wind picked up and
          he had to switch to the Naish 7.5 while I still used my Concept Air.

          Hung.

          --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "illbeback1999