Re: [ksurfschool] First time on skates

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
      Maybe put some blades on a kite buggy?
      --- supercalafrajelizticxpealadois
      <chickenoriental@...> wrote:
      > kite sleds...
      > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2578747.stm
      >
      > regards
      > --- George Sarris <jakefarley2000@...> wrote:
      > > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
      > > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
      > > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
      > >
      > > Enjoy!
      > >
      > > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
      > > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
      > > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
      > > trainer.
      > > > Wind 5-20 knots.
      > > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
      > > > smacked down on head. Next
      > > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
      > > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
      > > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
      > > and
      > > > power. Kite doesn't
      > > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
      > > > motion. Turns were sweet.
      > > > Next week, the 4 meter!

      > > now.
      > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      > >

      > =====
      > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
      > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
      > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
      > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
      > Ho-Cha-Chu.
      >
      > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

      > now.
      > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Troy Bezanson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
        I put blades on my kite buggy. I've found that it works pretty good. The
        steering get's difficult in slightly overpowered situations, and requires
        you to lean forward to put weight on the front of the buggy. The hardest
        part is ensuring that the front blade bites into the ice enough to maintain
        your line.

        Ice buggying is a blast. I've got a tandem buggy that attaches to my buggy,
        we go out on the bare ice with just rubber tires on the tandem buggy. Every
        time I turn, whoever is in the tandem buggy, goes flying out around the
        side. Lot's of g-forces going on for the passenger. Always good for a
        laugh!!

        Regards,

        Troy Bezanson
        Halifax, Nova Scotia
        Canada
        > > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
        > > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
        > > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
        > >
        > > Enjoy!
        > >
        > > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
        > > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
        > > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
        > > trainer.
        > > > Wind 5-20 knots.
        > > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
        > > > smacked down on head. Next
        > > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
        > > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
        > > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
        > > and
        > > > power. Kite doesn't
        > > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
        > > > motion. Turns were sweet.
        > > > Next week, the 4 meter!

        > > now.
        > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        > >

        > =====
        > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
        > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
        > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
        > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
        > Ho-Cha-Chu.
        >
        > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

        > now.
        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com