Re: [ksurfschool] First time on skates

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2003
      David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
      would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
      provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.

      Enjoy!

      From Sunny(not now) Florida.
      --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
      > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m trainer.
      > Wind 5-20 knots.
      > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
      > smacked down on head. Next
      > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
      > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
      > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed and
      > power. Kite doesn't
      > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
      > motion. Turns were sweet.
      > Next week, the 4 meter!

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • supercalafrajelizticxpealadois
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
        kite sleds...
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2578747.stm

        regards
        --- George Sarris <jakefarley2000@...> wrote:
        > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
        > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
        > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
        >
        > Enjoy!
        >
        > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
        > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
        > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
        > trainer.
        > > Wind 5-20 knots.
        > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
        > > smacked down on head. Next
        > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
        > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
        > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
        > and
        > > power. Kite doesn't
        > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
        > > motion. Turns were sweet.
        > > Next week, the 4 meter!

        > now.
        > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

        =====
        Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.

        But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
          Maybe put some blades on a kite buggy?
          <chickenoriental@...> wrote:
          > kite sleds...
          > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2578747.stm
          >
          > regards
          > --- George Sarris <jakefarley2000@...> wrote:
          > > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
          > > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
          > > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
          > >
          > > Enjoy!
          > >
          > > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
          > > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
          > > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
          > > trainer.
          > > > Wind 5-20 knots.
          > > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
          > > > smacked down on head. Next
          > > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
          > > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
          > > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
          > > and
          > > > power. Kite doesn't
          > > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
          > > > motion. Turns were sweet.
          > > > Next week, the 4 meter!

          > > now.
          > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          > >

          > =====
          > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
          > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
          > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
          > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
          > Ho-Cha-Chu.
          >
          > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

          > now.
          > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Troy Bezanson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
            I put blades on my kite buggy. I've found that it works pretty good. The
            steering get's difficult in slightly overpowered situations, and requires
            you to lean forward to put weight on the front of the buggy. The hardest
            part is ensuring that the front blade bites into the ice enough to maintain
            your line.

            Ice buggying is a blast. I've got a tandem buggy that attaches to my buggy,
            we go out on the bare ice with just rubber tires on the tandem buggy. Every
            time I turn, whoever is in the tandem buggy, goes flying out around the
            side. Lot's of g-forces going on for the passenger. Always good for a
            laugh!!

            Regards,

            Troy Bezanson
            Halifax, Nova Scotia
            Canada
            > > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
            > > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
            > > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
            > >
            > > Enjoy!
            > >
            > > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
            > > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
            > > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
            > > trainer.
            > > > Wind 5-20 knots.
            > > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
            > > > smacked down on head. Next
            > > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
            > > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
            > > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
            > > and
            > > > power. Kite doesn't
            > > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
            > > > motion. Turns were sweet.
            > > > Next week, the 4 meter!

            > > now.
            > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            > >

            > =====
            > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
            > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
            > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
            > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
            > Ho-Cha-Chu.
            >
            > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

            > now.
            > http://mailplus.yahoo.com