First time on skates

  • Alger, David
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2003
      Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m trainer. Wind 5-20 knots.
      Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I smacked down on head. Next
      day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
      the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed and power. Kite doesn't
      have to lead much, you convert pull to forward motion. Turns were sweet.
      Next week, the 4 meter!
    • George Sarris
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2003
        David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
        would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
        provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.

        Enjoy!

        From Sunny(not now) Florida.
        --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
        > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m trainer.
        > Wind 5-20 knots.
        > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
        > smacked down on head. Next
        > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
        > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
        > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed and
        > power. Kite doesn't
        > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
        > motion. Turns were sweet.
        > Next week, the 4 meter!

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • supercalafrajelizticxpealadois
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
          kite sleds...
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2578747.stm

          regards
          --- George Sarris <jakefarley2000@...> wrote:
          > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
          > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
          > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
          >
          > Enjoy!
          >
          > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
          > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
          > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
          > trainer.
          > > Wind 5-20 knots.
          > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
          > > smacked down on head. Next
          > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
          > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
          > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
          > and
          > > power. Kite doesn't
          > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
          > > motion. Turns were sweet.
          > > Next week, the 4 meter!

          > now.
          > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

          =====
          Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother Colin. Or my younger brother Ho-Cha-Chu.

          But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
            Maybe put some blades on a kite buggy?
            <chickenoriental@...> wrote:
            > kite sleds...
            > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2578747.stm
            >
            > regards
            > --- George Sarris <jakefarley2000@...> wrote:
            > > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
            > > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
            > > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
            > >
            > > Enjoy!
            > >
            > > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
            > > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
            > > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
            > > trainer.
            > > > Wind 5-20 knots.
            > > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
            > > > smacked down on head. Next
            > > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
            > > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
            > > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
            > > and
            > > > power. Kite doesn't
            > > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
            > > > motion. Turns were sweet.
            > > > Next week, the 4 meter!

            > > now.
            > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            > >

            > =====
            > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
            > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
            > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
            > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
            > Ho-Cha-Chu.
            >
            > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

            > now.
            > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Troy Bezanson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2003
              I put blades on my kite buggy. I've found that it works pretty good. The
              steering get's difficult in slightly overpowered situations, and requires
              you to lean forward to put weight on the front of the buggy. The hardest
              part is ensuring that the front blade bites into the ice enough to maintain
              your line.

              Ice buggying is a blast. I've got a tandem buggy that attaches to my buggy,
              we go out on the bare ice with just rubber tires on the tandem buggy. Every
              time I turn, whoever is in the tandem buggy, goes flying out around the
              side. Lot's of g-forces going on for the passenger. Always good for a
              laugh!!

              Regards,

              Troy Bezanson
              Halifax, Nova Scotia
              Canada
              > > David, I assume you are on ice skates. I think it
              > > would be neat to try a sled instead of skates,
              > > provided you could adapt it to turn it quickly.
              > >
              > > Enjoy!
              > >
              > > From Sunny(not now) Florida.
              > > --- "Alger, David" <DAlger@...> wrote:
              > > > Newbie. First time on skates, with my 1.5m
              > > trainer.
              > > > Wind 5-20 knots.
              > > > Whoop, skates in air, bang, sizzle in brain as I
              > > > smacked down on head. Next
              > > > day wear the friggin helmet, kneepads, harness
              > > > (padding), in 0-15 knots, got
              > > > the hang of it, going crosswind with some speed
              > > and
              > > > power. Kite doesn't
              > > > have to lead much, you convert pull to forward
              > > > motion. Turns were sweet.
              > > > Next week, the 4 meter!

              > > now.
              > > http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              > >

              > =====
              > Apparently, 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese.
              > And there are 5 people in my family, so it must be
              > one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my
              > older brother Colin. Or my younger brother
              > Ho-Cha-Chu.
              >
              > But I think it's Colin. --Tommy Cooper

              > now.
              > http://mailplus.yahoo.com