Re: Help please!

  • icantfindanickno1use <lshachar@hotmail.c
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2003
      Thanks for replying.

      I've been trying my depower system that changes the a.o.a on the fly.
      It has depowerd the kite although made it luff and stuff like that :(
      I could easily solve those problems, It's only the bridle lines that
      are pretty messed up. anyhow I've decided that the shadow is too fast
      for kitesurfing: know the feeling when the kite does not fly ahead,
      instead it stalls until you pull one side, Then it starts to go
      forward (to where you pulled it I mean) and you can then steer it -
      With the option to increase a.o.a the kite goes from zero to full
      speed and gives tons of power and the depower is not enough to kill
      the pull. Because of lacking time to build a kite (struggling to buy
      me some time to surf) I'm going to buy a commercial one. Yes, this is
      the end for this foil lover.

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, Mark Pronk <mpronk@m...> wrote:
      > Hey there...
      >
      > Goin upwind with the shadow should be possible, but since the
      kite's not as
      > high performance as the Aero, since it's quite an old design, it
      won't win
      > in the goin-upwind competition.. It's a matter of experience flying
      the foil
      > too.
      >
      > The BOOM speedsystem is quite good so i heard, it's brand new and
      able to
      > change AoA instead of breaking the kite.
      >
      > Tip for building kites (foils and inflato's): go to
      > http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~heik/ for a downloadable plan of an
      AR5 like
      > tube.
      >
      > Good luck there dude!