Re: Light Wind Directional Board Recommendation

  • vytaspass <surfsup@ragingbull.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2003
      For a light wind directional, just get a surfboard and put straps on
      it. For a bi-directional light wind board, the litewave 181 is not
      the best option at all...

      Go with the Slingshot LFT. Its only 169cm, but its more than twice as
      thick as the litewave. Since its shorter, its more maneuverable, and
      the litewave has durasurf on the deck which weighs it down more. So
      the LFT is lighter, and more maneuverable - it also has 6 fin
      placements for more options for fin setups (4 or 6 fins). In a head
      to head test, I rode the LFT on a SMALLER kite and I weigh more than
      my friend on a 3m LARGER kite who weighed less on the LWD181 and I
      was going upwind equal to him, and I was kinda backing off, too,
      since I had a smaller kite. With equal kites, I would have smoked him.

      In fact, the guys here are starting to like the LFT so much, the big
      directionals are starting to be left at home. Scroll to the bottom...

      http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/reviews.html