Re: [ksurfschool] Light Wind Directional Board Recommendation

  • Remtgnow@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
      go the lite wave 181! no doubt!
      it's an upwind machine!
      phil b

    • vytaspass <surfsup@ragingbull.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2003
        For a light wind directional, just get a surfboard and put straps on
        it. For a bi-directional light wind board, the litewave 181 is not
        the best option at all...

        Go with the Slingshot LFT. Its only 169cm, but its more than twice as
        thick as the litewave. Since its shorter, its more maneuverable, and
        the litewave has durasurf on the deck which weighs it down more. So
        the LFT is lighter, and more maneuverable - it also has 6 fin
        placements for more options for fin setups (4 or 6 fins). In a head
        to head test, I rode the LFT on a SMALLER kite and I weigh more than
        my friend on a 3m LARGER kite who weighed less on the LWD181 and I
        was going upwind equal to him, and I was kinda backing off, too,
        since I had a smaller kite. With equal kites, I would have smoked him.

        In fact, the guys here are starting to like the LFT so much, the big
        directionals are starting to be left at home. Scroll to the bottom...

        http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/reviews.html