Light Wind Directional Board Recommendation

  • George Sarris
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2003
      Anyone have a recommendation for a light wind
      directional board. I've seen the LFB (lil' fat
      bastard) and am considering getting one for light wind
      days. Any thoughts?

      George

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2003
        go the lite wave 181! no doubt!
        it's an upwind machine!
        phil b

      • vytaspass <surfsup@ragingbull.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2003
          For a light wind directional, just get a surfboard and put straps on
          it. For a bi-directional light wind board, the litewave 181 is not
          the best option at all...

          Go with the Slingshot LFT. Its only 169cm, but its more than twice as
          thick as the litewave. Since its shorter, its more maneuverable, and
          the litewave has durasurf on the deck which weighs it down more. So
          the LFT is lighter, and more maneuverable - it also has 6 fin
          placements for more options for fin setups (4 or 6 fins). In a head
          to head test, I rode the LFT on a SMALLER kite and I weigh more than
          my friend on a 3m LARGER kite who weighed less on the LWD181 and I
          was going upwind equal to him, and I was kinda backing off, too,
          since I had a smaller kite. With equal kites, I would have smoked him.

          In fact, the guys here are starting to like the LFT so much, the big
          directionals are starting to be left at home. Scroll to the bottom...

          http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/reviews.html