RE: [ksurfschool] Small Kite Mare

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
      It is possible that the third line was too long and therefore did not
      depower the kite completely and thus put a lot of load on the leash line
      which led to the failure of the knot. The third line should be loose
      enough as to allow the kite to fly without a minimal amount of tension
      on the tailing edge of the kite, but should also be tight enough to
      immediately put all the load on the "d" or rear bridles as soon as you
      release the bar/
      The Third line in my experience should be a relatively consistent
      "sliver moon" shape from the bar to the kite.
      You should be able to grab the leader from the bar to the center line
      and fully brake the kite without letting go of the bar

      Be careful and Have Fun./

      Philip

      Philip Mann
      Inland Sea Windsurf Co.