Re: Starting out

  • everding5792 <everding5792@rogers.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 21, 2002
      Hamish

      There are usually a few kiters out on Pushlinch lake just west of
      cambridge ont.(1hr east of London) most weekends noon til 5 pm kite
      skiing in the winter. I'm not sure of the conditions now after the
      rain the past few days, but if it stays cold it will be ok in the a
      few days. Your welcome to come out and meet up with us talk to a few
      people and see what size you maybe start out with. If you get a land
      foil now to use on snow and ice it will give you some kite skills
      when you start out in the water come spring. Most of the people out
      there are from the wind climbers kite group, there is a map on thier
      website to pushlinch lake and all kinds of other stuff. I'll post a
      link in the links page of this group.

      Good luck
      Happy Holidays
      Jim

      --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "hamishhopkins
    • Chris Glazier <cglazier@canada.com>
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2002
        Hamish
        Kites like the Naish Aero or North Toro are good kites and forgiving
        enough for a beginner. Find what your nearest kite store stocks.

        And take lessons! I know some beginners here who are too cheap to
        sign up for lessons and they have wasted the whole season trying to
        figure things out on their own.

        There is a Canadian yahoo kitesurf group at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cankitesurf/

        Chris G
        Vancouver

        --- In ksurfschool@yahoogroups.com, "hamishhopkins
        <hamishhopkins@h...>" <hamishhopkins@h...> wrote:
        > Hi there, any advice would be great.
        > I'm interested in getting started in the sport. I live in South-
        > western ontario (London) - so near the lakes, etc.. Basically, any
        > info regarding first kite to buy, one that should be able to get
        me
        > through the basics on land as well as take me to kitesurfing. I
        > understand that the type of equipment is dependent on many
        factors.
        > I am aprox. 6'1", 180lbs, 24yrs old, always into sports (skiing,
        ww
        > kayaking,
        > etc..) Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
        > thanks
        > Hamish.
      • Lee
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 24, 2002
          Visit http://www.kiterider.ca

          This is who I took lessons from. He is up in Sauble beach.

          See ya out there,
          Lee