theory of depower

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2002
      Hi there all

      Can anyone explain to me what depowering does to the
      kite "aerodynamically" and why then do you not feel the depower when
      flying on land, i thought you would feel the kite pull less but
      apparantly not. Any explenation would be appreciated.

      also how would i setup a kite leash.
      And is there any guidelines to choosing the correct size bi
      directional board as in planning to make me a board.
      Thanks
      Chris
    • vytaspass
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2002
        It lowers the angle of attack so it generates less lift.

        For leash setup, depends on the system. Here's a center leash system:

        http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/safetyinformation/barmodifications/b
        armods.html

        You may need to copy and paste a couple times to get the whole link
        since yahoo stinks.

        In terms fo the board, need more info from you. What winds, body
        weight, size kite, etc...

        --- In ksurfschool@y..., "Chris" <splatacat@y...> wrote:
        > Hi there all
        >
        > Can anyone explain to me what depowering does to the
        > kite "aerodynamically" and why then do you not feel the depower
        when
        > flying on land, i thought you would feel the kite pull less but
        > apparantly not. Any explenation would be appreciated.
        >
        > also how would i setup a kite leash.
        > And is there any guidelines to choosing the correct size bi
        > directional board as in planning to make me a board.
        > Thanks
        > Chris
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 20, 2002
          > In terms fo the board, need more info from you. What winds, body
          > weight, size kite, etc...

          Im using a 10sqm inflateable, i weigh +-55kg and winds range fron 7 -
          25 knots.
          Hope this info helps.
          Chris