Re: size kite

  • groovysouls2002
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2002
      Hi V

      I'm only trying to fly. Not riding as yet. But what you've described
      about riding is something i'll take into consideration. Thinking
      about the kite size your girlfriend uses, I'm considering either
      getting shorter (20m lines) (currently it's either 25m or 30m) or a
      smaller training kite, rather than getting a 5m kitesurfing kite as
      i'd originally thought. I might speak to the local kite shop and see
      what I can get.

      Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'll stick with it for a while
      longer now.

      Cheers

      Lynne
      In ksurfschool@y..., "vytaspass" <surfsup@r...> wrote:
      > Lynne,
      >
      > Don't quit. Are you riding yet? Or just flying? Sometimes, flying
      on
      > land is a lot harder due to gusty conditions. Once you are moving
      > with the board, you will find it a lot easier.
      >
      > When my girl first tried getting up, she was really scared sicne
      the
      > wind was a lot higher than normal. I told her, "you actually need
      > more wind than this to ride!". She didn't believe me until she got
      in
      > the water. You'd be surprised how much more power you need to stay
      > above the water on your board, when compared to standing on the
      > ground. Its a big difference.

      > www.chicagokitesurfing.com
      >
      > --- In ksurfschool@y..., "groovysouls2002" <groovysouls@h...>
      wrote:
      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I can relate exactly to what you've said about your girlfriend.
      > I've
      > > tried several times to fly, on land and in shallow water, a 7m
      > > projected in 15-20 knt wind and have not been successful. I'm
      close
      > > to quitting out of sheer frustration! I have a low pain
      threshold
      > > and just want to be able to surf safely, no exciting stunts.
      From